Tuesday, July 29, 2008

It's HERE!

I have been anxiously awaiting the UPS man since last Thursday, the day I ordered my new Canon 40D camera and 50mm lens. It came at 3 o'clock this afternoon and I read the entire user manual while my battery was charging. Then Eric and I went to my parents' house so I could test it out.... I shot for 4 HOURS!!! Oh my goodness, it was so much fun. Even though my pictures are not like the professionals, they are a heck of a lot better than they have ever been before! 

So, I had the perfect subjects to photograph, my niece and nephew who are leaving tomorrow. Tonight I had to say goodbye until I see them again at Christmas. It hurts my heart so bad. Knowing that those two little kids are going to be so different in half a year. At Christmas it will be like seeing two kids who look different and are developing distinct personalities that I have to get to know. Tonight on the way home, I was crying and Eric was trying to console me. I began to compare the way I felt to the way God must feel when the children he created leave Him for things that are only of this world. I know it is a terrible comparison, since God loves us in a way that we do not understand. Plus, the kids didn't do anything to purposefully hurt me. But, go with me on this. If I hurt this much because of the love I have for those kids, I don't even want to know how God feels when I turn my back on Him. Thank you God for Your sweet grace and forgiveness.

We also have a new addition to the family that I was able to photograph. It's a girl. She's a Pomeranian/Shi Tzu mix. She has yet to receive a name so suggestions are welcome! She is my mom's, not Eric and mine, but I'll admit that she has made Eric and I really want a new puppy. Maybe when we buy a house. :) She is adorable and so tiny and Romie is seriously jealous, but I think he will get adjusted soon. 

So, it has been a super exciting day with a new camera and lots of fun with family and puppies! I'm even going to be brave enough to post a few of the pictures from today.... but not tonight. I shot the pictures in sRAW, so I'm going to need Amy or Misti to explain to me what I need to do to make them in the right format to upload onto this blog. Thanks. 


2 comments:

AmyC said...

Aw, Ashley. I'm sorry you're hurting. When God's love for us is somewhat put into perspective (not that we could ever truly understand it) it's such a realization, isn't it!?!

On the other hand, I'm so excited that you got your camera in! I guess it was bitter sweet, eh? It came just in time to get to practice on the kiddos!

I can't wait to watch you evolve on this photography journey. You've got the passion! Congrats, Ashley, on your new camera!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful spirit you shared on your thoughts about A & M in relation to God!

How about some fun camera time after Zumba tomorrow night?! Or before. I'm pretty flexible this week...